Coworking in Gilbert
Coworking in Gilbert isn’t new. But the rapid growth of the shared workspace economy is new. So why is this happening?
- Creating and building your own company is on the rise as there are many advantages: being your own boss, flexible work hours, making decisions about the company, not having to answer to a boss and lots of independence. The rise in freelancers working from coworking spaces has ushered in this change in the workplace, without the overhead. It works. And that’s why it’s here.
- Coworking spaces are growing all over the world as well as in cities and towns in the US including right here in Gilbert, Arizona. This is why The Works is here. Finding your coworking space gilbert, AZ just got easier.
- The work from home economy, although convenient, has drawbacks. The dog barking when your Amazon package arrives, right in the middle of your conference call. Family members who don’t understand that even though you are home, you’re still “working” and need some quiet time. Others yelling at you to respond to them while you are in the middle of a phone call.
- It’s human nature to want to be with others and part of a group. Having days go by with no human interaction is not healthy for the psyche. It can be isolating to many.
- Why coworking then? Coworking spaces have been shown to increase productivity. https://www.business.com/articles/coworking-74-of-coworkers-are-more-productive/.
- Consumer internet connections aren’t always “Wicked Fast”. And sometime you find that out in the middle of a wifi phone call to the new prospect who is still trying to figure out if you’re the right person to work with. Welcome Fiber Optic Internet. Fiber connections sends data faster than basic cable. It’s delivered on a dedicated line, which means more consistent speed than cable. Fiber optic Internet is less likely to go down during a power outage. And since fiber optic Internet is made of glass, there is no electricity involved.
- Where are you going to meeting clients? A coffee shop, a loud restaurant? Not a very quiet productive work environment is it? That’s where a co-working space can help. No overhead to worry about and free coffee, beer and wine as well as fun and informative events. Yoga anyone?
- Your confidence will get a boost. At least that’s what 90% of this survey says.
- Productivity soars because you are surrounded by like-minded people. Working today doesn’t have to include at traditional office, many people want non-traditional office space these days. Or a desire to escape that cubicle (or jail cell depending on how you regard office cubicles).When did Coworking burst onto the scene?
So when did coworking start?
Hint: it wasn’t invented by WeWork.
Coworking started in the US in 1995 in San Francisco, Brad Neuberg invented the term co-working (no hyphen). Since 1995, coworking spaces have been growing worldwide.
In 2017, there were 15,500 coworking spaces globally In 2017, there were around 1.27 million people working in coworking spaces worldwide. Here are some additional stats we though may be of interest.
Check our Memberships to see the perks included with each Membership Level.
Stop by and see us. We are on schedule to open to the Public in late Jun 2018. Schedule a tour, or email us at email@example.com, or call us at (480) 788-2296